Monday, April 22, 2013

The Word is Powerful

The name of Jesus brings conviction to the hearts of sinners, hope to those who can find hope in nothing else, and healing by the precious blood of the lamb that was slain that we might be saved.  

MIGHT be.  Amazing!  Unfathomable!  

Jesus hung on a cross and died for us to have a chance to be reconciled with him…whether or not we choose to accept Him.  He gave his life just that we might be saved.

Oh how I love Jesus.  He is the Word made flesh.  The words of God are the most powerful and the Bible says in Isaiah 55:11 that His word does not return void. 

There are four bible verses on our shower curtain.  Yes, on our shower curtain!  It’s very pretty. 


Joshua 24:15 says, “But for me and my house we will serve the Lord.”
I love looking at that verse and knowing that “me and my house” live to serve the Lord.  I am so thankful for my husband.  I am thankful that the Lord saw fit to draw us together, so imperfectly perfect for each other, two sinners saved by grace and desiring to make an impact for the kingdom of God.


Psalm 98:4 says, “Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.” 
Boy do we love to make joyful noises!  We love to sing and praise the Lord.  We love to sing and be silly with it sometimes.  Laughter and joy are so necessary when doing the work of the Lord.  He wants us to be happy and serve Him with cheerful hearts!  

Even when it's hard.  That's also when it can be the sweetest.  I pray that the power of God's word reigns in your life today and that your praises drive away the enemy.  In Jesus' name!

Stay tuned for the other two verses...unless you have the same shower curtain and you know what they are.  I've never seen this at anyone else's house but if it is sold at the store everyone shops at, others must have it too.  :)

Please continue to pray for our girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment